Monday, June 8, 2009
Outsmarted by a 3 year old
Kaden isn't really much of a nap taker anymore. He will sometimes take one but for the most part he is over them. He knows that the rule is if he doesn't take a nap than he has to have 1 hour of quiet time in his room but if he takes a nap he doesn't have to have quiet time. We figure this keeps him from saying I don't want to take a nap when he really does need one or if he really is tired he'll just fall asleep during quiet time. And of course most important, its a great break for me. Quiet time means he can bring a few toys to his room, read books or listen to his music and dance (probably his favorite thing to do) but whatever it is it has to be in his room and pretty quiet. Well today about 10 min into quiet time he comes out and says "mom I want to take a nap" of course I don't argue and say "o.k" and he walked back into his bedroom. About 10 min later he comes out of his room, Kaden- "hi mom" Me-"I didn't hear your timer go off " (we always set a timer so we know when quiet time is over) I figured that he had decided not to take a nap. Kaden-"I don't have to have quiet time, I just took a nap". WOW did he really just think up all this all by himself. Even though it had a little fib with it (which we had to talk about) I have to give him a little credit, it was a pretty smart idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oooh. so smart. Calvin is starting to do sign language, it reminds me of when Kaden used to sign.
It only gets better...good luck ;-D
That is hilarious! Jamie's naps have become tricky. She can't go down too late (after 1:00) and she can't sleep over an hour. Its hard to keep track of sometimes. Otherwise bedtime is a disaster. Moms vs. kids when it comes to naps. Good luck!
Post a Comment