Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bye bye diapers

Makenna has been going potty in the toilet for a while now but was still in diapers. I decided it was time to get rid of them, so that's exactly what we did. Cold turkey, toss the diapers! I gave her lots to drink so that she would have lots of practice and hopefully get the concept down. 10 pairs of underwear and lots of clean up in 1 day. I wasn't too happy with the results but stuck with it and day #2 she was in the same underwear ALL DAY, even during her nap!! Amazing!! Something obviously clicked. Today is the 3rd day and again no accidents except at night. She must not mind sleeping in the wet because she doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night yet when she wakes up she is wet. Oh well she'll get it down soon. She is VERY proud of herself and looks very cute walking around the house in her little underwear.

This is the potty dance we do every time she goes potty in the toilet







2 comments:

bec said...

yay! Those are some great dancing pics!

Tiar Hatley said...

I was excited to only have one kid in diapers, I can't imagine what it would be like to have no kids in diapers. Whenever that day may come, I will be the one doing a happy dance.